PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 20:24
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Video Mixdown
I guess the question is whether Ukraine has the ability to hold them back until the new tanks arrive. On past evidence maybe they do.
I trust them, they will. If they have to abandon one or the other village that will not change the grand picture. What is important is to keep up the support in the long run when Ukraine is running out of more and more Soviet equipment/munitions. And to keep providing intelligence and allow them to hit the support lines. Hitting the support was what drove Russian occupied share from 27% back to 18%. Now the Russians are back to lines which they can't mostly supply from Railhubs on Russian soil. That's probably why the Ukrainian advances came to a halt. I consider GLSDB the next little game changer in that regard. Together with good intelligence that will force the Russians to stretch their supply lines out to >>100km. Regularly shelling supply roads/convois in mud season with little options to deviate would create challenges to the Russian Forces which the Ukrainian Forces could potentially benefit from.