PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Caledonian Boeing 707s
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 07:12
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Flightrider

Thanks for the update especially the information regarding the first Boeing 747 flight to Hong Kong as I could have been certain that it was before 1986.

I can remember feeling deeply upset at the time when BCAL announced there plans to withdraw the A310. At the time I thought it was a perfect fit for the airline. I was looking forward to a modern BCAL fleet of A310 and A320s. If only the A310 was still in the fleet when the BCAL liveried A320 visited LGW, that would have been a great photo.

With an incoming fleet of A310 and A320s, BCAL also had the order for MD11s to replace the DC10s, and possible future orders for the Boeing 747-300 or even Boeing 747-400. If all went to plan the BCAL fleet would have been completely changed within a few years but we all know what happened.

The BCAL website is indeed a treasure trove of information and thoroughly recommended.

I came across the site what must be twenty years ago or at least in it's infancy. But it really surprises me by how many people are totally unaware of it, especially those interested in the former and great BCAL. The same thing applies to the Dan-Air remembered website.

Last edited by Sotonsean; 2nd Feb 2023 at 07:26.