PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Poor customer service costs UK firms billions – so why can’t they get it right?"
Old 31st Jan 2023, 23:59
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Always two sides and examples of 'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly' in customer service. Just like airlines. On one BA flight last year (long haul) I got bad vibes from the CC within 10 seconds of stepping on board. A feeling that I have never had before on BA. Sadly, my hunch was correct.

During the call to the Council that I mentioned at the start of this thread, I have forgotten how many 'Select from the following n options' that I went through and then their muzak. For the first 20/25 mins, I got the voice telling me where I was in the queue. Then just muzak. I held on in the hope of being answered and, after some 30+ mins of just the same looped bit of dross, suddenly the call was answered.

In the telecomms career, I worked for two different local Councils and a good telephonist would have been able to route my call considerably faster then the computer. Leaving a caller suspended in muzak for 30 mins would mean something had gone very wrong. But humans are money and some humans shout at other humans.