PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2023, 20:40
gdiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
The Wizz flight to Amman in Jordan is boarding... don't think I've ever seen Border Force and police so interested in chatting to people getting on a departing flight... does this always happen ?
I was on the flight to Amman on Saturday, and quickly got stopped by Border Force, but for no more than 10 seconds. They were asking people the reason for travelling to Jordan and if they were carrying large amounts of cash...

I heard them asking one passenger, if they were there were aware there was a limit on the amount of cash they could leave the country with.

The flight was absolutely packed on the A321neo, so doubt anyone was detained. It's very common for border force to show an interest on flights to the middle east and Indian sub-continent. So guess this is reasonably new experience for LTN.

Considering it only went on sale 6-8 weeks ago, seems a very successful route! Many Jordanian's were saying how London to Amman is usually £500+ return with both RJ and BA (year round), and were very happy with Wizz starting the route!

With the recent routes being dropped, could they possibly be making way to increase frequency on routes like this?

I feel sorry for the crew, as they don't get a stopover in Amman, they fly both sectors, and with a flight time of up to 5.5hrs depending on winds and time on the ground between sectors, that's a long shift on a cramped high density A321!

Last edited by gdiddy; 31st Jan 2023 at 21:00.