PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Poor customer service costs UK firms billions – so why can’t they get it right?"
Old 31st Jan 2023, 15:01
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I agree with the Amazon problem. They are a new company who put IT at the heart of their operation. Their customer service is not always tops but it does work.

I do understand the attitude that Doctor Cruces points out and that is certainly the case with many companies. I have long suggested that certain LCCs don't worry because, each year, there is a new generation leaving school and wanting to go on holiday with their mates. They will put up with anything for the low price. Next year? Another lot.

Being old fashioned (or just old) I respond to good customer service with loyalty. For example, the only reason I no longer travel as mich with VS is that their menu now seems to have every meal with either pasta or spice - neither of which I can tolerate. It's only when in Upper that I can be sure of a good meal and that makes it an expensive meal!!

The reason I will never use Turkish again was down to their truly terrible on the ground service. Their Biz class was brilliant all round. Their chef spoke with me, I told him what I could not eat and he gave me a lovely meal. Same on the return sector. On the ground? It would take many hours to tell you all the things they did wrong.