PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways 777/787 Commuting
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2023, 11:28
Lepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
I have not worked for Qatar.. but down the road. My thoughts are this. Forget commuting….it might work some months but it might not. And remember, what is offered today ( 6 days off in a row) can be changed in a heart beat, and there is nothing you can do about it. So never make your decision based on the fact you can commute….it’s not a fact you can rely on. And in the ME they use your leave as “days off “, so don’t think ever, that you can have a week of leave then another 6 days off in a row in the same month, I doubt it would ever happen.

Just my thoughts.
I can't stress how SOPS is right about this. Do not come to Qatar or the Middle East in general planning to commute if your contract is not a commuting one. The GOFF (regardless it's 4 or 6) are not a contractual thing. It's a benefit the company can give or take at will or according to their needs. Commuting might work for a period and then all of a sudden becomes impossible. It will only bring frustration to you and your family, and this won't be the company's fault.

I'm sure some people have been doing it and seems to work, but this is not the rule and chances are it is not going to be the same case with you. Either bring the family to Doha or accept the fact you can be away from them for a while and everything it entails.

Last edited by Lepo; 31st Jan 2023 at 13:09.