PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 30th Jan 2023, 14:23
JoseLeon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kakar khan
hi i am 39 years old military pilot from Pakistan. I have more than 17years of flying experience and 5400 flying hrs. I have flown number of multi-engine transport category aircraft. I have 3200 hrs as pilot in command . I am instructor on CN-235 and beech craft king air 350i which is equipped with pro line fusion avionics. I have flown C-130 Hercules, CN-235 Casa, Y-9 Chinese aircraft and King air 350i. I have recently done my initial pilot conversion of king air 350i in Tampa,Florida. Because of proficient performance, I was awarded pro-card on initial sim training of King air 350i. I have also obtained TSA approval from Department of defense. I don’t have ICAO ATPL yet but, i have all the military flying certificates. I have done bachelors (BS) in Aero sciences and Masters in war Studies. With this experience, Can i go for attempt to apply for green card through EB-2 NIW visa. Request your guidance.
Thanks
Hi Kahn,

You definitely have a competitive background for an EB2-NIW. In fact, your background fits the profile that many US airlines look for. With that said, the standard for the National Interest Waiver looks for exceptional ability in your country of origin. ​​​​​​Exceptional ability is defined as a person with “a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered” in their particular profession or field of expertise. The key is to show that you are “no ordinary pilot”. After 17 years of aviation military service in Pakistan, as compared to other Pakistani pilots, you should be able to obtain substantial evidence to substantiate your petition.

Good luck with your application.

Jose Leon