Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2023, 19:55
mesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyplod
it’s a perfectly valid question.

There’s a few different reasons but top of my list right now:
- our management seem to be completely blinkered to the damage our brand and reputation have taken as a direct result of their mismanagement of certain areas of the product because it all still works on their spreadsheets (apparently).
- I’m also in one of the regional bases and I fear that in 30 years when I retire we may not have many regional bases left. I know the same could be said for Jet2 or indeed any operator but Jet2 seem more committed to the regions than anyone else - as far as can tell.

If I were in MAN/BHX/LGW or I wanted to move to one of those bases I probably wouldn’t be considering leaving and would continue on, hoping that the management either see sense or move on.
As I stated earlier in this post you are qualified in terms of factored hours. You will be time limited by your checks and how well they go and how quickly you get them. The book states 3 sim checks and 2 line checks MINIMUM before you can apply. If someone would like to show me where it doesn’t say this and I’m completely wrong then please do. Let’s assume I’m not making it up. You join, take 2 months to finish your induction, ground school bits, sims and line training and that’s not over generous. You pass with flying colours and bag a sim check and a line check. You now have 2 more sim checks and another line check to bag before you can apply to your base team. If you believe some here that that’s possible then ok go for it. If you are based in Leeds you may be able to beg, borrow some checks or have them thrust on you as you are easy stand in material. But if you are in one of the more regional bases you will not get this done as easily. I’m just trying to tell you the average. You will always have someone who has done it quicker but I wouldn’t make your next career move on these figures. As always I stand to be corrected but remember I’m talking averages.