PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2023, 16:39
V12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01475
I'm still scratching my head at this one as much as when there was talk of the possibility of creating a future FlyBe 2. At the same time as being sad for the staff, perhaps it's also good that capitalism has a defect in that people with capital but no idea how to run an airline were able to provide employment attempting to have one set up.

This isn't an I told you so thread, but I can't remember seing anyone that didn't tell us so. I will never be able to work out any aspect of what made them think this was a good idea, and why if they did want to set up an airline they'd use an existing failed brand or such a weird collection of routes. I'm sure there's a triva master here that can give more than one previous example of a people stranded at airports style airline failure where someone has later come along and reused the brand, but I can't think of one!
No one likes a smart arse who shows he can be wise after the event. But the trouble with FlyBe-2 is that we were ALL wise before the event; indeed wise as soon as we saw FlyBe-1's COW park her very small tank onto LOG's front lawn. It was always going to end in tears, and yes we ALL on here could see that. There is, however, still a latent arrogance that exudes from wealthy people, who always seem to want to own an airline and prove the 'wise-after-the-event-neersayers' wrong; mated with airline employees who have been dumped on from a great height with no notice, yes there will be people hoping the phoenix will rise, and it's way better than working for Tesco's. Surely we can ALL understand that.

Aviation brings out the best in people, and the worst in untrained investors and dubious airline management candidates. JF, SH, and COW all lost the plot, and one of them never had the plot in the 1st place.