PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A gong, well deserved then and now.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2023, 13:14
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Megan,

Thank you for posting the linked information.....anyone reading it will begin to understand what flying helicopters in Vietnam could be like when things went ugly.

The Silver Star Medal for Gallantry is not handed out like candy bars.

I have no doubt under different circumstances Perry could easily have been awarded a higher level Award but being an Australian and not an American Pilot that would have presented some problems administratively.

Perry justly deserved that Silver Star from the American Army and deserved much better treatment from his. own Navy.

All of you EMU's are welcome at my end ot the Bar as I see you all as Brothers in a special Brotherhood we hold membership in....one that exacted a high cost to be earn membership.

Those accounts of the action that night have me thinking back to some of my. own as I enjoy my morning coffee.

Things that were commonplace back them take on a much different perspective all these years later when we look back on them.

We were blessed to share Cockpits with Men like Perry and so many others we know and served alongside.
The following users liked this post: