PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rolls -Royce - "a burning platform" - new Boss
Old 29th Jan 2023, 05:29
WideScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
“Our intention throughout this process is to be as open and transparent with our people as we can be. Although it is regrettable someone has leaked details of Tufan’s message, we will continue to speak with our people first, whenever that is possible given our obligations as a publicly-listed company.”
How naive to assume a controversial on-line broadcast, challenging a lot of people, will not leak .....

Originally Posted by Asturias56
The new boss of Rolls-Royce has likened the engineering group to a “burning platform” and described the company’s performance as “unsustainable”.

Tufan Erginbilgic, who took over as chief executive from Warren East at the start of the year, told staff “we do have a burning platform, not because I say so but because of what I am going to share with you”. The former BP executive said the company’s performance was “unsustainable”, adding that “it is at a level [at
which] it cannot continue. Rolls-Royce has not been performing for a long, long time.
Looks to me, the classic, old-story again, where corporate leadership does demand beyond what the company/people is/are able to deliver. Ignoring that operating on the edge of the technical capabilities is not a place where output/results can be demanded, though proper corporate results are the "consequence" of cooperative working together to sell what the company is able to create.

So many good companies have been destroyed by that leadership approach. And now we see another leader promoting this disastrous strategy.

Or so to say, a derivative of "Oh, by just thinking about it, I did declassify documents". Dreaming "leaders".