PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 28th Jan 2023, 12:14
aspiringpilot1511

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfl500500
When you say you 'don't think' you can get 6/9 out of your left eye how certain of this are you? Since the RE does not exceed +5D then 6/9 is the limit you need to get to. It is worth spending the time and effort with an opthalmologist to determine the best you can expect to achieve. If your acuity is neurologically limited then the best acuity can be quickly determined. Best to be absolutely certain about the best acuity to you could possibly get before exploring next ptions.

I’ve spent lots of money and time on ophthalmologists and it hasn’t been that successful. 6/12 is the best I’ve been able to see my whole life and it can’t be corrected to 6/9 due to amblyopia. I’ve often had the problem of having the refractive error scanned on a computer and the optician deciding I need strong lenses when all this time it was the other way round I went from +5/+6 lenses to +3.5 varifocals which help me see 6/12 now. Will I be ok with the CAA? Some have said that it’s not up for discussion and 6/9 is the absolute minimum but there must be airline pilots out there that see 6/12 in one eye like myself?