PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2023, 15:18
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS/Flybe

Originally Posted by mart901
AMS has had months of negative press in relation to queues, delays, baggage handling. I shouldn't think this is driving passengers up.
Sorry if the hyper-link doesn't open below but paste it into your browser and it should work and it is noticeable the amount of across the board cuts at Amsterdam this winter to the UK at least and I assume this article is still valid.

Logically winter seems to be bearing the brunt but I can only comment specifically on BHX where easyjet were packing out BHX - AMS twice daily in summer and in winter it is between 4 and 6 per week. Naturally yields slump in winter but not to make such drastic cuts and KLM have dropped from 5 daily to 3 daily until mid February (4 daily in winter usually) with load factors this November 91% (generally November was average) which is more akin to a loco route. Note easyjet have 2 aircraft on the ground Amsterdam today for over 24 hours and that is on a winter Friday, so not operating elsewhere!!

The only operator unaffected is Flybe with the service remaining daily but again I am sure if they could get the slots that would increase. Flybe have also been helped on Glasgow and Edinburgh by easyjet with some frequency reductions such as no flights to Glasgow on a Thursday (changes soon) which was one of the busiest business days at BHX in winter, albeit pre COVID and things have changed. Edinburgh some days is just daily with that flight departing 21.30 whereas Flybe offer 2 daily.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/amst...en-flight-cap/

Pete