PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Odds n Sods
Thread: Odds n Sods
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2023, 21:43
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I've checked this with S.o.S. before postin for, as a rule, PPRuNe does not allow the same topic in two threads. I have put this in Heathrow but that forum will not be read by all SLF. This is a story from a friend of mine:

I was involved in a parking scam at Heathrow Airport.
Basically, you leave your car with a driver inside the terminal and they take your car, store it, and are there to meet you when you land, with your keys. Awesome.
Now, I had used these people before, but on our return from zzzzzz, we were told there’s a problem and our car was stuck in the secure parking. So we immediately thought that we were being told a load of bollocks and we contacted the police and our insurance.
This was on the 3rd of January.

We got assigned a police officer called Mike and he called us every few days saying he was still looking for our beautiful Ford Ranger. His problem was that some 75 cars had gone in this scam.
It turns out, most Meet and Greet companies don’t have any storage facilities at all. They leave your car in a field or parked by the side of the road, or anywhere that won’t attract a fine. (So beware.)
Turns out that while we were away for Christmas, these bastards threw everyone’s keys in the bin and took all the money and ran. Leaving everyone thinking their cars were stolen.

This morning Mike told me that he and his team had found over 60 of the missing cars. This afternoon he found mine. I know the Metropolitan Police are understaffed, f**ked over by our government policies and mismanaged, but they still try. And our super cop Mike, is the cops cop. He will never read this, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding our RAID truck. You are a bloody legend. Thank you to you and all the amazing police I met in the last few days. You guys rock.

I found them on a compare site. They were called Heathrow Meet and Greet, and they gave the car to a sub contractor called White Line (don’t laugh). The police told me not to trust anyone but the official Heathrow parking or Purple Parking. There’s a huge amount of investigation going on regarding this.

Last edited by PAXboy; 3rd Mar 2023 at 15:21.
The following users liked this post: