PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320, flying knowledge, SOP, clarifications
Old 26th Jan 2023, 19:04
Airbusenjoyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerzson6
Good evening!

That’s a very interesting post first of all, I’m curious what other people will say. Here are my thoughts

1: I think no, because if you keep the thrust on you might end up landing long.
2: I wouldn’t agree with it, because the brakes would need to dissipate more energy due to the extra speed and the tailwind, and your break temp would be higher in the end because of the higher energy. Plus I doubt it makes any sense, the vapp is calculated like that for a reason.
3: I think you did the correct thing. Also what was the goal? To reach the selected altitude sooner, or not to “drift off” from the fmgc depicted green line?
4: for this you can refer to FCTM NP-SOP-climb
5: whats wrong with the auto function and if he sees sometning the use the tilt to have a better view?
6: then he should be using flaps3/toga for all the take-offs, that is the shortest.
7: don’t worry about it too much, it happens. However from hus side it’s not so nice to do something without telling you, but that’d be a different discussion.

regards

Hello thanks for your response. Here is his reasoning:
3. My goal was to both climb faster and not drift off, then back to 250kts once the turn is about to complete
5. He never uses Auto. just keeps a fixed 2.0 and -1.5
6. lol my thoughts also
7. He changes a lot of things without telling, and I did not want any CRM issue so I just let it slide.

Thanks for the kind words about the 1.6, on second thought I wasn't completely looking at the end to judge sink, I was too focused on the aiming point.