PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2023, 16:17
langleybaston

Received 750 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Tartiflette Fan
I find your post difficult to understand. When you write " They end when there is no fuel, food, energy, weapons or will left to fight them" you make it sound as if this is mutual exhaustion and the opponents have fought themselves to a standstill and then subsequently quote WW2 as an example. I can't agree with that. The Allies finished by steam-rollering the Germans into unconditional surrender. That is exactly the opposite of what you claim. I would agree with you on the other wars.
Also very very wrong regarding the Great War. "The Hundred Days" was a vindication of the way the citizen armies of GB, the Dominions, France [once it pulled itself together after the mutinies] and the fresh USA had learned and applied the lessons of all-arms cooperation, and the concept of exploiting a schwerpunkt. Germany had exhausted itself in its last throw of the dice in March and April, the population was near starvation, and the Eastern front was a mess. Mutual inability to continue the war did not happen. I doubt if it ever does.