PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320, flying knowledge, SOP, clarifications
Old 26th Jan 2023, 11:16
Airbusenjoyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool A320, flying knowledge, SOP, clarifications

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but have been browsing for a while so do forgive me if I posted on the wrong area.

I have a few questions regarding flying knowledge and SOPs.
Today just got my 1000HRS on type A320 family!

I was consistent on flying and landings were ok, but today I flew with a guy with 42 years of experience and made me question some bits.

As his points:

1. On a Tailwind landing (A320), keep the power on because you will sink fast if you cut. Is this correct?
2. He always adds 3kts to the vApp, even on tailwinds and heavy, is this prudent?
3. After takeoff and flaps retracted we got a direct, so I lowered the speed to 230kts to improve the radius of turn and climb a bit faster, he said this was wrong, I should have kept 250kts because that is Vy
4. Vy is 250kts below FL100 and 300kts above FL100
5. He keeps Wx radar tilt on climb to -2.0 and on descent to +1.5
6. On Takeoff computation he always requests runway wet and config 2, his ideology is to make the aircraft airborne asap, is this prudent?

7. And today, my landing was 1.6g. I blame myself because I didn't flare much/flared a bit late.
What happened was:

We were approaching and wind was headwind of 5kts. 72.3 GW on A321 CEO
Vapp was 142 accdg to EFB and FMS
It was too late that I've noticed that he changed the Vapp to 146, this was done before data lock,and I didn't want to contest him, so I was keeping between 700-800fpm on the glide
My question is, the higher the Vapp, do you have to flare earlier?
I flared around 30 btw.

Thank you for your answers, I'm here merely to garbage in garbage out and keep whats proper.
Good day safe flights!