PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2023, 17:42
Planeraz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
I don't get it. Delta and others are flying to US airports which are hubs. Atlanta is a hub - and a very big one at that. If Edinburgh is the same as any other destination, a majority of the passengers flying to Atlanta will be getting on a connecting flight to somewhere else. From Edinburgh's perspective, a passenger going DL EDI-ATL-Nashville as opposed to BA EDI-LHR-Nashville and being served either way.
Interesting point about BA. In past week or so they have been increasing frequency to/from LHR. For example 12 departures to LHR tomorrow. The planes are rammed full. £421 one way in economy on a few departures tomorrow. How many of the people are transferring at LHR onto long haul flights? Last week, at Heathrow en-route to EDI, at check-in, I was offered £300 to give up my seat as the flight was oversold by ten. Not even to the next flight. It was on to the last departure of the day. I declined given BA’s recent spate of last minute cancellations. To drive down prices, year round, EDI needs more year-round transatlantic flights. BA and one-world/AA / code share have it too good. No surprise that AA opted not to re-start direct services from EDI. If the management is serious about TSA pre-clearance at EDI, surely the airport needs more year-round services to the US?