PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austro Radiotelephony
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2023, 12:30
mattpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILSapproach
Thank you so much for that information Matt it was driving me mad trying to find any information, appreciate that.

How did you prove to the Austrians that you already had a telephony license? Did you send them a copy of your FCL license (Mentions the telephony qualification on it)

Thanks Matt
Well per the form, you need to include the original or a notarized copy of not only your RADIOTELEPHONE licence, but also your birth certificate. I included originals of the US FCC licence and birth certificate, as it was cheaper requesting new certificates than getting it notorized. And the FCC doesn't issue paper copies anymore - only digital - so i just printed one off, signed it, and sent it in.

The "validation" i got simply said the licence that I obtained from the FCC is valid in Austria. Literally no certificate number referenced on the validation. Which is what i ment when i wrote earlier it wasn't very 'impressive' ;-).

Now i assume from your question, you dont have a seperate radiotelephone licence and in your country it is part of the FCL licence? In that case, i dont know what to tell you. When i inquired with austrocontrol whether i had to get it validated or if in austria it is also part of the FCL, i only got a half-answer that i had to validate it via that link i posted. I assume therefore they are seperate licences in Austria.

You could try emailing Mr. Gschwendt (contact details on the link), but I'd suggest writing in German. At the bottom of the page they let you know how they feel about English: "NEIN! Amtssprache ist Deutsch."