PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI course Poland (Adriana)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2023, 18:51
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by loopingz
Well it will be used at least in France. I currently hold a Polish EASA license. So at least paperwork will be fine.
Should I change to another EASA country later my license they cannot ask for more.
In France I expect at least 5K extra...
In Spain at least 3k extra and 2 or 3 extra months.

Edit: I do hope my post is not considered advertising.
As with any EASA Flight Instructor (FI(A)) course youŽd initially be endorsed with a FI(A) Restricted, which IŽm sure youŽre already aware of, and youŽd be equally aware that to get it unrestricted and hold unrestricted FI(A) youŽre required to be supervised etc. Do you already have an arrangement with a DTO/ATO whereby you can work with the FI restriction?
If you plan to do the supervised instructing at the Polish ATO, you may want to consider the extra cost of accommodation at that location, pay and conditions and other costs at location, while doing the instructing (to get unrestricted).
ThereŽs also networking to consider. If youŽre not planning on instructing in Poland, you might find that networking your way in at DTO/ATO in the country (or your "hometown") that you intend to instruct may just be harder if your an "outsider", while other FI(A) and FI(A) restricted instructors have completed their FI training locally.
Why is the Polish FI course so much cheaper than doing the course in France or Spain or anywhere else in EASA land? The airplanes, fuel and insurance will all be of similar cost.
Also, be critical about the ATO (ANY ATO, not just the one youŽre considering in Poland) - will it provide you with the quality of training that youŽd pay 5K more for in say France?

ThereŽs a lot more to the decision making, than just the FI course cost. Good luck with it - whichever road you go.

Last edited by Klimax; 25th Jan 2023 at 10:19.