PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 18:12
Ollie Onion

Received 215 Likes on 74 Posts
That’s weird as I am certain that every time I took my kids for their childhood vaccinations that the Doctor emphasised that although vaccinated they could still catch the diseases but would just have milder cases of them. Those Doctors were obviously years ahead of their time considering until Covid the definition of vaccine meant they prevented the person catching the disease!

also, you seem to be confused as to what ‘immunity’ means, in the context of disease if simply means that a persons body contains some anti bodies for the particular pathogen in their immune system……. You could also say that means they have some ‘protection’ against the disease.

MOST vaccinations still allow the person to become infected but with a less serious form of the illness. Sadly with Covid the transmissibility is still high enough that it means we will never eradicate the virus, but then that could be expected from an engineered virus which this one would seem to be. Saying as you do though that being vaccinated offers no. ‘immunity’ is demonstrably wrong and firmly puts you in the ‘quack’ camp.

Last edited by Ollie Onion; 23rd Jan 2023 at 20:05.