PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 13:21
Will66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blakey0204
I was offered a Nov appointment by Birmingham as a last minute cancellation, last year, but clearly someone got them just ahead of me - I was only 10 mins behind recieving the email! Got to be lightning quick lol.

I've consider splitting them and heading over to Dublin for the EASA one, just trying to keep costs down where I can. I'll have a look at Poland though, hadn't considered there before, thanks!
in that case, I’ll offer some advice that i received when I was looking at dual licenses.

. If you have right to live and work in EU then EASA might be worth having, but unless you do it doesn't offer really any help, as the EU airlines to work for don't have UK bases to fly the EU Registered aircraft... Only really example is Ryanair, all the other carriers don't have bases here just night stops, and without right to work in Europe theres not much point getting it. Realistically, No airline will sponsor your visa unless they can prove they can’t find pilots in their own state (EU) to fill the position. So not only having to have two médicals, and sitting two sets of exams, having two licenses in the current state of brexit is redundant unless you are dual nationality. It seems pretty clear to most of us in aviation that there will be some sort of agreement soon to recognise both licenses, and would recommend holding out, especially if you are a British National. That being said it’s totally up to you as an individual.