PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero 45 and 145 Manuals
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 07:55
brakedwell

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bazzarius
VH-DUB finally made it to Australia and flew for the next 15 years in different hands. She was written off in 1975 following a wheels-up forced landing. Parts used to rebuild other viable 45s.
I am pleased to hear that it had a good life in Australia. One after effect of that night's adventure was I was in big trouble for taking the two Australians into the Officers Mess bar while I was still wearing uniform, which was banned after seven o clock. The President of the Officers Mess was the very unpopulat boss of my 152 sqn, who happened to visit from his hiring down town that night. End result, I was banned from the bar for a month for being in it improperly dressed. I managed to escape to RAF Sharjah, in the Trucial States for a month when I took a Twin Pioneer down there. However, my boss had managed to talk the idiot running RAF Sharjah into banning me down there! So I used the very friendly Trucial Oman Scouts Sergeants mess bar instead. A few months after the Aero 45 incident the boss of 152 sqn was sent back to UK in disgrace for lieing about an accident he had in a Pembroke. The squadron returned to its normal happy state after that.