PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 07:49
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyW
As I said before there is zero chance of the council taking over the lease of the site.

They have no funds. Oliver Coppard has said this week he's no longer involved in trying to save it, so there will no funds forthcoming from his pot.

I'm guessing this will quietly fizzle out. I also doubt the council will press ahead with a CPO.

Locally, other than the numpty car garage owner and his disciples who seems to think Doncaster has the ability to emulate Heathrow, everyone else has forgotten about the place already.
Find myself agreeing. Apparently someone who knows Ros Jones very well has confirmed she is playing to the crowd and DMBC will absolutely not be entertaining the offer of a leasehold on the site. However, Peel have approached Sheffield Uni and AMRC with a view to developing an advanced tech park but have been rebuffed by both due to ‘lack of sufficiently skilled workforce’ in Doncaster. Could make Peel have a change of heart on their stance to not sell the airport? Or they could just build houses and warehousing.