PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2023, 17:17
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Trinity 09L
Ten Tom flights to and from Bridgetown over 20/21 this weekend, to Man, Gatwick, Bournemouth and Birmingham + two VS just to churn pax from one P&O ship Arvia. I was onboard VS 664 a charter to LHR is that odd a charter to LHR?
For those that don't know, Arvia (which is new and has just entered service with P&O) can carry over 5000 pax, so not surprising that many a/c are needed (and maybe more) to get everyone back to the UK. It was on it's maiden to the Carribean from the UK, so in this case they were only flying one way. P&O also have Britannia (which can accomodate around 4000) in the Carribean also currently, so this is big business for the Companies that they use to transport the pax back and forth every few weeks.

I'm doing a fly-cruise myself with them in a few months (fly to TFS, return from MLA) and these flights are again mostly whole a/c charters - the short-hauls are mainly done by Tui and Jet2. If those fill up, you'll be put on a suitable scheduled flight that meets the timescales to get you to and from the ship.