PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Litton INS - LTN-72RH
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2023, 17:03
baigar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Simon for the tips and efforts in digging that out. Just verified: While the sticker with the calibration data of the LTN72RH can be seen on the pictures I got from the seller, it got lost during transportation - the front just shows the sticky stuff of the sticker, but not the paper any more; zooming in on the seller's image gives a rough impression of the numbers:

But fortunately the memory is an EEPROM, so that should not "forget" the stuff easily and may still be readible:

Also easily verified that PSM1-3 have not been fired (or resetted):

The platform trimmer board (the round one) is -08 - one which is not the worst as far as I understand your video:

There is one of the little devices on the platform inidcating that there was no excessive shock (otherwise the small glass tube inside would have been broken and the color would have turned red) - so at least one good news:

The platform moves smoothly in all axes, but as mentioned via email - to my taste, there is quite some friction and I doubt that can be overcome by the torquer motors easily. At least the other INS systems I know (LTN51 and Ferranti INS) have less friction here. Looking at the nice video by Simon on youtube,
, the platform stops moving quite quickly there, too. But I guess there is no specification of friction in the platform maintenance manual? Although there is some corrosion on the chromatted aluminium parts, all plugs and other aluminiumparts look pretty OK. Quite strange looks a small PCB which definitively looks like some homebrew add-on done at the RAE in Boscombe Down:

Last but not least I have not been able to find DS1-DS5 (the only external flap on the rear covers some plug and beneath the power supply there are no indicatiors):

Last edited by baigar; 21st Jan 2023 at 17:43. Reason: Added two more pictures...