PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another day, another QF incident
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2023, 20:46
First_Principal

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
I have heard from a contact within the ATSB that there are basically no investigators with any real experience beyond light singles and a human factors degree. I wouldn’t hold my breath with regard to a thorough investigation. The trend may not be anything more than an unlucky set of coincidences…I’ll leave it at that.
Dr Dre, Sunfish and others are quite correct, newspaper articles should not be conflated with accurate records and statistical trends.

That said more immediate frequency of occurrences can also highlight an issue that may not immediately come to light within some longer term statistical calcs. One would hope that the system in use is capable of at least raising a flag should there be a marked short-term increase in frequency (or location/source) of events.

Aside from that I'm not sure I quite agree with what I read as the inference from the above comment. Experience in light singles + HF degree does not necessarily mean a less than thorough investigation. While I have no idea how your ATSB is run I'd expect that a good manager would contract in appropriate experience on specific matters where it was lacking in house, and that a competent person with the aforementioned qualifications could make a good fist of utlising that experience and/or results within an investigation.

FP.
The following users liked this post: