PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2023, 10:03
Mr_App

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The inaugural route will likely be a tough one in the short term. In the next 30 days they need to fill 4,500 seats between the two inaugural cities, going off the start date mentioned above which is just over a week away. February I predict will be very very empty across its network. Most people would already have plans in place for next month, many return to work/school, but I don't know who the traveller is they are going for. Hiring a car at PPP is $1000 a week at the moment. 4WD is mostly sold out.

I guess Bonza cannot sit around until Easter waiting for the demand and time to bank some bookings, I assume they are paying all the staff sitting around doing nothing might as well use the downtime in demand getting in operational routine. At least when Easter/Hols arrive they will be ready to go with heavier patronage after 2 months of bedding ops in.

Wiz, yes the numbers in the current data is to existing cities on other non Bonza carriers, Bonza has told us they are not about taking market share from others, but creating new markets, driving new demand/pulling people from cars etc. I get the point from the Bonza boss, but he cannot control the pricing around Car Hire and Hotels, Car Hire is just off the charts in some areas, $1000 a week. Cheaper to drive, which is completely against the Bonza model and why they are here. The logic is that these seats will essentially just add on to the current seat count at these airpots as mentioned above, I think that is a hard ask. The numbers still seem too excessive for those markets, assuming they are not stealing pax from the others.