PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another day, another QF incident
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2023, 08:24
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
No, the events at all the group airlines from the last 12 months shows the trend. Multiple engine failures, Multiple air returns for various reasons. I witnessed two QF flight diversions not due to weather in the last two days none of which made the news, so again the news is just highlighting the tip of the iceberg. We spent the last 12 months watching news of Jetstar passengers stranded in various places due to tech issues, then NJS and network woes, QLink Dashes were a basket case for most of last year and so on. Ansett and Tiger were grounded for far less, but of course the regulator and ATSB seemed to highlight every issue they had, rather than just picking the ones in the news.
I have heard from a contact within the ATSB that there are basically no investigators with any real experience beyond light singles and a human factors degree. I wouldn’t hold my breath with regard to a thorough investigation. The trend may not be anything more than an unlucky set of coincidences…I’ll leave it at that.