PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 19th Jan 2023, 19:27
737pilotguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickSanchez
Thanks for all the replies here. 737Pilotguy what was the cost of legalleon? Others seem to be in the realm of $10k USD What people need is an example Petition Letter, this seems to be what your case lives or dies by. The rest is pretty straight forward in terms of the petition itself if you're going to compile it on your own. One way to look at the cost of a lawyer is as an investement, but its also an investment in something which is still fairly new. I spoke with a law firm yesterday. 485 applications submitted for EB2NIW, 80 returned and 50 or so approved first time up. That's enticing and with the building backlog it could be easiest to just jump in an invest the money rather than self petitioning.
​​​​​​​Price was around $10k, yes. I wouldn't do myself this without the help of a qualified professional. Not when considering the possible career and potential earnings at a US major if successful... ​​​​​​​My target job would be one of the legacies, in the right seat yes. However, I don't know if you understand the European system over here? The highest possible salary as a line captain is around EUR 150k ($162k), and that's flying the 900 hour yearly limit. Any hopes for a higher salary and you need to take on a training position (which is still underpaid). Regarding the inevitable downturn for the next thing coming, most European pilots got majorly screwed during covid which has pushed so many past their limit. Job security isn't any better over here.