PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF144 Auckland to Sydney engine out
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2023, 00:38
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Tango and Cash
Depending on my mood, like/dislike for those management types, and desire for continued employment, I would have let those managers go into the Ops Review with the "flux capacitor" issue at the top of their notepads. Just to see how far it would go. I'm guessing there'd be committees formed and teams deployed to conduct a full on flux capacitor review, looking for patterns of flux capacitor failures, reading flux capacitor reliabilty reports, and conducting investigations into alternate flux capacitor suppliers...
Actually, no names, no pack drill but when I was told the story I said the same thing, and then when castigated later just say "So sorry, I thought the engineer said flux capacitor but he actually said f-cked capacitor".

Looking back and thinking who used to run the meetings, I suspect the person I'm thinking of (no names, no pack drill) would have probably said something like "Ah well, I need to leave the call now as I have to go and get my DeLorean serviced" and even that would have gone over said managers' heads.