PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2023, 21:42
guadaMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ele
Also, all the details “match”: even the Yeti logo on the seat, even the ad (in red, with 2 actors on it) on the back of the seat in front of the person recording the video (the ad has been identified). This level of “reality-perfection” in a matter of hours can only be reached if the video is genuine.
Well, the way you think a video is forged is NOT the way the forgers do.
Taking the mentioned video as example, may happen that in some PREVIOUS FLIGHT (there's a problem in this case because the airfield is only two weeks operative) a person takes a video (more or less same time, same weather conditions, same airline/type, has to be a real PAX) and saves it in his cellphone or the cloud to show later to the family and friends or to forget he did. Without any special intention of a forgery. But sometimes things have some coincidences and some brains are brainless, my grandma said.
The accident happens, no survivors, not too much info (this is all real). The "clever" forger (in forgery there is always the aim of some kind of profit: fame, money) makes a mix of his recording on board and adds the "confusion plus fire" section and publishes in "social media".
Nobody would make "a new airplane crashing" in order to be famous or earn some money, but using REAL DATA may make a good forgery merging images, videos, etc.

Apparently (I'm not sure of anything about this accident YET) the poor man in the video was aboard the 9N-ANC ATR. I can accept THAT'S REAL.
I'm not any sure if we come to talk about the "second part": the supposed moment of the bank, then the crash and the following FIRE.
The whole or a section of the second part could be added afterwards in order to make it more "fatal and bloody", very usual to be found in videos of road and train accidents in INDIA.

NB: the forger (always talking about the on-board video) could be a friend of the deceased with access to the video (AFAIK it's not any difficult to copy-paste videos from Facbook, Twitter, etc)