PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 18th Jan 2023, 16:31
737pilotguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.I thought I'd share my experience of the EB2-NIW process for others thinking about it. ​​​​

First, I'll list my qualifications and experience. I'm a captain in Europe flying the 737 since 2008. I've been an instructor on the 737 since 2016 (2,500 hours). I have over 11,000 total hours and over 7,000 as PIC. Furthermore, I also have a four-year degree. ​​​​​​

I started the process with Jose Leon in Jacksonville (legalleon.com) in late May '22. Jose and his team were very helpful and all communication was (and is) very prompt and clear. A pilot himself, he recognized the experience I have and knew how to translate that experience into a relevant format, and into layman's terms, for USCIS case officers looking to see if I fulfilled the three-prong test. He worked with other lawyers and consultants to tailor my case as best as possible for the highest chances of approval. ​​​​​​

After much work and preparation, my case was filed in September '22. Just a few weeks later, it was approved by USCIS. I'm currently going through consular processing and should have my green card soon. ​​​​​​

i wouldn't hesitate to recommend Jose and his team if anyone is thinking about going this route. He is the best I've encountered, a pure professional. ​​

legalleon.com

Last edited by 737pilotguy; 19th Jan 2023 at 07:24.