PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meydan Accommodation EK
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2023, 14:28
aussiefarmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emi2
Hi All

Wondering if I could get some help. I've accepted a role with EK and have been offered a villa in Meydan South or Meydan Heights for me, wife and kids - or accommodation allowance.

Struggling to find info about the two areas that isn't years old - assuming things have changed somewhat since they were first built when in those times I can see a lot of grumbles from online posts (!).

Can anyone comment on what's it's like in those areas now in 2023 - is it a nice place to live? are the villas nice? does anyone have any links to any pictures? which is the better option of the two? what are the communities and facilities like there? Are they a nice place to bring up kids etc.? or should I really be looking to find my own place?

Thanks all so much for your help!
You'll find a broad spectrum of opinions in the pilot community.

From my point of view, Meydan South is a great community with a very good school ideal to bring up young kids. If you appreciate big villas and you don't mind living surrounded with your colleagues I think is a very good option.

You can always change your mind and buy - opt out - get the allowance. But you won't find villas that size for less than a million $ (3.7 M AED).

Bear in mind, many people are opting out from Meydan and buying. In my case,.... been there done that and we're now happy and settled in MS. I prefer MS to MH, some people differ but most I think would agree MS is overall better.

More info I'm happy to answer PMs.