PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF144 Auckland to Sydney engine out
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2023, 13:50
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by RodH
Fear not fellow aviation enthusiasts!
Our Aviation Expert, "GT", will soon tell us exactly what happened and why.
I can hardly wait to read his words of wisdom.
Me neither, although I nearly threw something at the television with that imbecilic reporter on channel seven "the response was MASSIVE, emergency vehicles SURROUNDED it AS SOON AS it 'hit' the runway". Funny, I was sure it was rolling for quite sometime on the landing roll and turned off the runway and onto a taxiway then onto an apron before any emergency vehicles came near it. I mean the person reporting was watching it happen and still couldn't help themselves talking utter, sensationalist ****e.

Then we were treated to "this near disaster" and "the pilot executed a near perfect landing as though nothing was wrong" - pretty sure the air head doing the reporting, judging by her language like with all reporters not quite being right, doesn't have a pilot license or any time on the B737 so how would she know?

Then she rabbited on about "what a terrifying experience for the passengers, with anxiety levels high and every passengers' worst fear".

Upon interviewing some passengers, the first ones she spoke to said "No. We didn't know about the engine shutdown, the Captain told us once we'd landed and explained it was a routine procedure when they shut down an engine as there was no danger".

When is the media going to spend some money and get some decent reporters. A bunch of 5 year olds would be more honest and less sensationalist.
The following 3 users liked this post by AerialPerspective: