PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is starting an EZY MPL a sane idea in 2023?
Old 17th Jan 2023, 16:14
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TayBee
After quite some delays as you mention I do now hold a UKCAA and EASA unrestricted class 1 so I have now fortunately ticked those boxes which for a while I thought were going to extinguish the dream as boy oh boy are they picky about minor things from years ago!

A fully funded MPL would be lovely; I'm however a little remiss to keep checking people in at an airport for that many more months and would quite like to 'have a direction' one way or the other soon, so to an extent would like to pick from the options I currently have rather than holding out for a fully funded programme as we're about to enter a 2 year dip so I (perhaps naively?) doubt the inception of them for a while yet, and I wonder if getting the training done during the dip to finish as we (hopefully) reach the light at the end of the tunnel is a sensible idea.
It's good that you have the medical done. Career-wise, the military option may be available but from what I hear, it's military first, flying second. Regarding your current career at a check-in desk, are there options to work towards airside operations, dispatch/refuelling, tug operations etc? With both TUI cadet programme and Jet2's Pilot Apprentice scheme for fATPLs, there is time spent in other operational roles which gives me the impression that it's experience which they consider adds value to their business.

The thing with MPL programmes is that due to the limited nature of the licence in the first 1500 hours, you want the airline to which you're tied to be heavily committed so that they incur a considerable cost if they decide to end the training.