PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Odds n Sods
Thread: Odds n Sods
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2023, 17:13
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Having not been to the USA since 2007, I had to complete ESTA applications for the first time.
  • The system indicated that if you did not have a local contact [family or friend] that you could leave this sector. Turned out it would not let me continue without completion. Happily my cousin whom we will visit said she would open the door to the Men in Black with the big guns and tell them that we were not trying to overthrow the USA govt. Namely as the USA populace is doing that pretty well all by itself.
  • I completed my application and then continued with my partner's. The contact details were, naturally, all the same. But it now took exception to the phone number of my cousin. On my application, I ticked the box to confirm that this was the correct area code and number and could proceed. Not so for my partner. So backed up and saved the application and then logged in from Msoft Edge browser. Entered all the same information and ticked the box and it all went through.
I am bemused that this is not a Visa system but an 'Electronic System for Travel Authorization' but you have to enter all the same information as a Visa! I do love our American allies.