PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight Centre, UK
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2004, 03:14
FLYbyWIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No matter where you go money is the issue, and to say most students who go to sfc are loaded is rubbish, sfc like many other uk fto's offer good training and prices which are always within a close margin of other schools lower or higher. Most schools will of course knock a little of the price if payment is up front, this is not an sfc only trait.
Just for the record I do not work for sfc nor do I have any close links with them but I have had dealings with them as I have with the majority of other FTO's in the country and like every school they have pro's and cons, and for the record there has been alot more then one student who secured employment after training there and suprisingly enough did not pay for the type rating, but equally other FTO's have produced students who have secured employment.
FOZ2 if your in sfc now you can get the idea of the training level,people etc etc, the fact you live close is a money saving benefit and of course your local flying area knowledge and familarity with there a/c is helpful but you gotta visit other schools to compare and you will see what differences if any.
As for been loaded well maybe OATS/BAE students but to some degree every aspiring pilot has to be loaded to some degree!!!,, And find me an instructor who does'nt pi22 off to shelter while you tie up and then he/she expect YOU to get a coffee for them and I will eat my hat, "its an expression before any wise guys jump on it"