PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas air show crash
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2023, 08:38
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ widescreen :
Whenever references are being made like "good guys", "wonderful people", etc, I immediately get scratchy about the real professionality of the whole (organization). Far too often, these terms are being used to cover up the underlying amateurism, things arranged at the BBQ, with one or many more beers (or at least to be consumed later on).
Yep. agree. I have no idea if that was the case here , but you might be hitting the nail here as indeed I have seen this a few times. and even been caught once in one of those . Not an air show but I was asked to come to help to tow gilders up during a major competion ( 60 gliders to lauch up within 1 hour using 4 different aircraft with different performances. All gliders to be launched in the same area at the same altitude. : It was a total mess on the day , with an older authoritarian take off "coordinator " who lost it, already during the briefing ,and later on the frequency, but he was the President of the organing club, there,and nobody dared to contradict him. After 3 launches I decided to call it a day and left. They are still mad at me in that club as I ****** up their sequence. and the result of the competition. I was told later that " we always do it like this " as some form of justification that it was OK. Tradition above safety management.

@ india 42 :
​​​​​​​I have to say that if I was one of the formation leads at Dallas, I would have been tempted to call "Knock it off".
Yep, me too. Never heard such a mess on a air display frequency before ( in Europe that is )