PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you achieve the dream?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2004, 02:17
removemebeforeflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How did you achieve the dream?

This question is mainly directed at the people who have actually achieved the dream of flying for a living, and as I know this forum is mainly directed at the wannabes I hope there's enough professionals who actually read it for it to be of any use.

Anyway, there's plenty of topics filled with peoples opinions on all the different ways of getting a fATPL, and on all the potential employers. But what I would like to know is how did YOU do it?

Did you go integrated/modular? What FTO was it with? What did you think of them? How did you finally land that job? Is it with an airline/charter, etc.? What do you think of your employer (I understand you won't be too honest on that point )? Finally, is there any pitfalls you came across during all that we should know about?

I understand that this isn't one simple question (its probably more of a poll than a question), but I thought if we could hear other peoples experiences we could decide for ourselves what the best course of action is to getting a job, rather than just hearing peoples opinions. (I apologise if something like this has been posted before)