PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2023, 14:30
White Van Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RPat01
Anybody wanting to join BA as a DEP but meets the requirements for the non-type rated DEC at EF will surely take that option? During the time you would have been earning a FO salary at BA, you’d be earning more (yes, less than EZY skipper) but potentially have the chance to move across to LHR at some stage in the future should the opportunity arise. (I know, I know)
2 great points.
If you are after money and fixed pattern roster and don't care so much about going LH later on then go EZY and enjoy!

If you were going to join BA as a SH DEP anyway, then you'll make more money and have more nights in your own bed as a DEC at BAEF while you wait for your number to come up. At the cost of a bit of job security until you get your LHR contract.

BA has taken the micky somewhat with this contract. The market will decide if they've gone too far.
we are all in unique situations, if you're lucky enough to have the choice, make your own decision on the merits of each.

I'm personally junior trash at LHR on a LH fleet and love it. If i was offered SH FO at LHR or DEC at BAEF I'd choose the latter.