PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL Jobs
Thread: DHL Jobs
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2023, 18:58
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
Fair enough, but generally on this side of the Atlantic isn't the name of the game to get into the LHS and stay there? Long haul is great compared to the SH 4 sector nights they were doing until a year ago, but it's not the be-all and end-all. I know it's each to their own but I would have assumed that a Ryanair type roster offers the best quality of life? Sleeping in your own bed etc.. With DHK you can expect to be away from home for 8-12 day trips a couple of times a month. As DeltaHotel says right now the upgrade times are super fast, but forgetting about the 757s for now - 99% of the flying is for 767 and 777. Direct entry were mostly 777 rated. Unless you've got that rating you'll end up as a 767 FO. That means you'll be at the back of the list for upgrade behind guys with the hours who joined ahead of you.
When the music stops you could end up in that seat for longer than you planned.
At present winter time. It’s a bit quieter at RYR. Last summer was diabolical at RYR. Earlies we’re starting 5-6am. Landing after 4 sectors at 16.00 was normal. Earlier than that you had an easy day or were hitting 99hrs for 28 days. Once a week landing at 18.00. 12 hrs rest and back in again. 5 days on and pretty much didn’t see the other half apart from dinner together. Lates starting anytime from 12.00 and landing sometime 11-12 hrs later. Twice in a 5 day block I went into discretion, pushing 14hrs.
So yes while RYR you will be sleeping in your own bed days on you might not see the family. Speak with anyone with a family and the conversation usually goes like this. “What day you on? Day 5. Oh so off tomorrow. Yeah sleep first day. 2 days with family. Last day get up early/late to adjust body clock”

This coupled with pay etc is why many are leaving RYR.