PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2023, 18:29
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysWatching1
Given the pr hype about the new terminal having the capacity to handle 45m pax prebuild, is there ever likely to be a scenario where that is achieved ?

It would have to achieve growth in the order of 50% ?

Currently every stand is full overnight, those units all leave from 6am and comeback during the day perhaps operating in/out 2 or 3 times. That currently gives us circa 27m throughput per annum, but if you cannot bring more aircraft in with more stand space , which you cant, then you are somewhat knackered, its been completely boxed in.

You would be relying on a massive tranche of feed equivalent to 50 based aircraft from an operator such as say WIZZ with a leg up from maybe away based units from the likes of RYR or EZY. But is the airport not light years away from getting anywhere above even 30m if you can fit more aircraft in ? I appreciate you could try and get higher load factors, increase Winter flights, increase night flights but that is all out of the airports hands and in any case somewhat cosmetic.

I cannot see where the massive push will come from to add the missing 15m passengers ?

PS Does anybody know if the airport PR on twitter , facebook etc is outsourced to an off airport agency, if you DM them they never seem to have any technical answers.
Yes, most stands (both contact and remote) have aircraft parked at them each night, but during the quieter winter season not all aircraft are flying each day.
There are now less stands available at the legacy T2 due to the refurbishment work in progress, (I think around 5) but the B gates in the new T2 are dedicated for bussing passengers to their aircraft. I believe there are about 30 (ish) remote stands across T2 and the western/cargo aprons.

Next summer will be interesting as there will be more based aircraft and new services that use T2...