PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alliance Plane Now Circling Rottnest after Taking Off
Old 14th Jan 2023, 01:33
43Inches

Received 436 Likes on 238 Posts
I wonder how many fps the overhead lockers are rated to. I remember a 767 landing into Melbourne where a number opened and a few passengers were injured. 2nd worst was a Jetstar A320 that felt like it was forging metal plates with the undercarriage. But in all fairness nothing should break as such in an overweight landing up to MTOW. You have to really throw these things around to bend stuff badly, unless its an ATR, and they bend in mild breezes. Like MCP, it is fine to use it for hours at a time, but it will reduce the component life of things dramatically. Otherwise if MTOW landings above MLW were safe every day and had no consequence, then why have a MLW.

I only saw that when I was an F/O. Once I became a Captain I never saw it again!
Try being a trainer or checker, the memories will flood back... When you get a call from the cabin saying that the brace signal should have been given prior to that impact.
The following users liked this post: