PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 13th Jan 2023, 18:28
JPJP

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RickSanchez
Hi All,

I'm going down this route apply for the EB2 NIW. 20 years plus flying experience.

I did speak with Harvey Law, but I don't think that the assistance is worth the $10,000 they want to charge. Im pretty sure it's possible to submit a great application yourself. I've been through all of the paperwork required and there is only one part I'm not 100% confident on. That's the bit where you prove that your profession is of national interest to the USA. I can put a great case together, but it's hard to know exactly what they are wanting to see.

Has anyone here or anyone know anyone that has submitted a successful application?

Do you perhaps have some pearls of wisdom you could please share on this part of the application? Happy to take a DM if you'd rather not broadcast it.
I’m not a lawyer, but I’ll give it a shot.

1. There is currently a shortage of qualified pilots in the U.S. aviation industry. The shortage of well qualified, experienced pilots required by the U.S aviation industry is even greater and increasing. Demand for qualified pilots exceeds supply. You are a well qualified pilot.

2. U.S. government policy is focused on reducing inflation. The Federal Reserve has identified higher wage growth as an inflationary factor. The current high wage growth within U.S aviation is directly attributable (in part) to the lack of qualified pilots and high demand. This wage growth negatively affects inflation.

3. The cost of flying has increased for the U.S. population. Ticket prices have risen. The inflation of ticket prices is fueled by high demand and low supply. The airline industry is able to raise prices due to high demand. This inflation is at odds with U.S. economic policy and the Federal Reserves stated goals. Airlines and U.S aviation in general have been unable to satisfy demand due to the low supply of qualified pilots. You are a qualified pilot.

You are a tiny cog in the giant solution to the pilot shortage, inflation and the U.S. economy ; )

[personally; I’m a big fan of the pilot shortage and high wage growth]