PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracking down a Bell 47 serial
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2023, 20:54
Stu666

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ANW
A colour scheme might also assist. BPAI is predominantly red. The reason I mention this as one of the MHCC shareholders had another Bell 47 at the time in an ex-Army overall paint finish, should that jog your memory.
Apologies for the delayed reply, but the thought has just occurred to me that if if was in an Army colour scheme, I would surely have remembered that as it would have given me bragging rights and I would have been telling anyone that listened how I had flown in an "Army" chopper. I think the reason I can't remember the main colour scheme is probably because it didn't particularly stand out to me. I must confess to being mildly red-green colour blind, some shades of red can appear very dull to me, even brown.

Originally Posted by Morty76
I know this is an old thread but I flew in that helicopter around 96 GBPAI operated by MHCC and was working at Barton at the same time from 94 onwards. They did do days around the northwest operating from farmers fields and pubs so I think it's the right one.
Thanks for the info. I think, based on the helpful responses I've received here, the likelihood is very strong that G-BPAI was the airframe I flew on, and the more I think about it, the more that registration rings bells. It is nice to know she lives on as N9595B.