PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2023, 19:33
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Is Luton really viable for a flight to India taking maybe 9 hours, and a not-particularly-long runway ? And yes, with all the extra luggage (and weight) that flights between the UK and India seems to attract. Would you put business class pax through Luton, particularly if your flight is a mix of economy and premium class pax ? It's not the same as an business-class-only aircraft with just 100 seats all of whom are paying a premium fare. Since Tata took over, they will want to get rid of the cr*ppy perception that Air India has sometimes had in the past
If Air India is to open a base other than LHR... then LGW, STN, or growing BHX seem to me the strongest contenders.

Note - before this degenerates into a Luton v Stansted war and I'm accused of being anti-Luton.... I flew through Luton over 20 times in 2022
No, no. I wasn't suggesting any sort of routes by a 321XLR from Luton. I doubt the terminal or runway would be suitable but courting them at STN before they get a stronger hold at LGW. Linking to the Middle East will come first for them as they haven't been too successful in the bucket & spade sunshine routes yet.