PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair MCC APS Mentored
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2023, 18:28
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elen
Hello fellow pilots,

I have completed the Mentored APS. Don't do it. the course itself is challenging and you will learn a lot, they will treat you like you are already a ryanair pilot. the 3 weeks are very intense believe me... and that fine, we are all used to hard work. However, what i want to get across is that this MCC does NOT prepare you for the ryanair assessment. You will complete the 40H on the max 737, and afterwards they will offer you to do a sim prep for the assessment which is 600 euro extra or more... and some of us after investing the 6000 for the course just couldn't afford to pay more.

There were 12 of us in my course, only 4 got in to ryanair after they passes the assessment. The rest of us that didn't pass... well, no words to describe it. They sent us a copy pasted email saying we MIGHT get to repeat the assessment but it is not guaranteed and we cannot apply again . And thats the last you hear from them. It has been now nearly two months and we are still waiting to know what happens next.

On my assessment day, there were 4 mentored students and 4 non mentored... who do you think got through? the Non Aps mcc mentored students. Maybe when they began this course all got in but now i don't recommend doing this course. I feel they don't want you if you have the aps mcc.

To recap!!
- If you don't have a mcc, then go ahead and do this one, you will learn a lot! very strict SOPS , its basically type rating standard. You will also get an interview the day after or a few days after you finish (remember this course does NOT prepare you for the sim assessment)
-If you DO have a MCC and are considering doing the mentored to try and get into ryanair faster... DONT DO IT. just be patient and book a 2h sim prep somewhere. I wish i had done that and saved myself 6000 euro.
- pass rate is not 97 %... Its much lower.
To summarise, if you’ve already done an MCC, don’t spend 6K on another one as it won’t guarantee a pass. If, however, you haven’t done one already, then you may as well do the Ryanair one as it’ll help you and at least guarantee an interview.

Pretty fair, I can’t see that their scheme is a particularly outrageous con by any means.