PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2023, 15:10
TCAS FAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by USERNAME_
I’m struggling to find any actual timeline for the runway extension. Maybe I’m blind, but is there an expected date for works to be finished other than “2023”?
The serious construction work has to be "notified" (to use the legal term) via a NOTAM or AIP Supplement. As the project will apparently exceed the maximum life span of a NOTAM (three months) and the extent of impact on continued runway operation, the most likely way will be an AIP Supplement (my post 1015 refers).

Supplements are published on a 28 day (AIRAC) cycle. The current batch of Supplements are effective today (12 January), with no mention of runway works. Next batch of Supplements effective 23 Feb and should on the AIS website

https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/cms-nats/...p-supplements/

about a week before. If there is to be a 1 April start on serious construction work either 23 Feb or 23 March should contain a relevant Supplement. That said, I doubt that AGS will miss the PR opportunity to hail the pending start of work. As mentioned in a previous post of mine, would be a nice touch, to show that there are no continued bad feelings, for the Bournemouth Airport Director to be invited to symbolically break the first ground!