PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2023, 17:22
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A shame the thread has to be hijacked in this way by some thinly-disguised bitterness and/or insecurity.

The fact is BA flightcrew really aren’t that different to those flying elsewhere. I’ve found that the majority of disparaging remarks re BA pilots seem to have come from people that have in fact, never flown for BA….so I tend to take their views with a pinch of salt.

The BA interview that some seem to find issue with is pretty standard in the U.K. - mainly competency based questions and the usual why BA etc.

The assessment process is partly about weeding out folk who waltz into the recruitment centre believing they’re entitled to a job there …BA do not want this kind of person in their flightdecks.

The recruiters I’ve met have been very friendly and professional. That can’t be said for some of the airlines I’ve interviewed for in other countries.

The fact that some people don’t pass the BA assessment is not of course a reflection on the individual - but nor is it necessarily a sign that the assessment process itself is somehow flawed, and that only unpleasant individuals pass the assessment (complete rubbish in my experience). There are unpleasant individuals in every company and no, BA don’t have the monopoly on them.